We at Multi Office Supplies take your personal privacy extremely seriously. We are strongly committed to respecting our website users’ privacy and ensuring their online protection.
Personal Data Collection
Any personal data collected during the use of this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, and other relevant laws.
We collect personal data in several ways:
• Names, email addresses and other contact details that have been provided by users
• Online forms and email hyperlinks used by website visitors
• Online surveys and feedback
• Cookies where additional data is collected automatically. Please see our Cookies Policy for more information
Data Protection Act
We abide by, and practice, the principles contained within the Act.
How we use your data
We collect information about our users and their use of our websites to enable us to improve performance and provide a better online service, particularly in the following areas:
• Internal record keeping
• Keeping users informed of our products and services
• Personalisation of our services
• The administering of orders and accounts concerning our suppliers and/or customers
• Dealing with enquiries and requests
• The processing of orders and the provision of After Sales service. (We may occasionally pass your details to our approved and trusted suppliers to facilitate the supply and/or delivery of products ordered)
• We may use your email address to send you information on other products and services we believe may be of interest to you. There will be an opportunity to opt-out of this service at the Checkout stage before the purchase is completed
Multi Office Supplies will never sell or pass on any of your personal data to any outside third party.
All personal information collected through use of our websites is treated as strictly confidential.
We may contact you from time to time to inform you of new products and special offers which we believe may be of interest.
Any of our users may instruct us to remove personal data and contact information from our marketing database at any time.
Multi Office Supplies will not sell or pass on any of your information to third parties for marketing purposes.
Disclosure of information
Multi Office Supplies will not share your personal data with any third party, unless we are instructed to do so by government bodies and law enforcement agents.
Multi Office Supplies are committed to safeguarding your privacy. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have enabled appropriate physical, electronic and managerial processes to defend and secure the personal information we have collected online.
Accessing your information
If you would like to know which personal information Multi Office Supplies retain about you, please contact us in writing, supplying adequate identifying information. We will only reply with the requested information to the e-mail address we have on file, unless you request that we send a hard copy response to your designated and verified postal address.
Information amendment and removal
Multi Office Supplies will amend or remove any data retained in our database upon request.
Upon visiting our website our server will record your IP address, along with the date, time and length of your visit. This information helps us to gather statistical data regarding the use and navigation of our website, which Multi Office Supplies can then use to improve its performance and usability for our customers benefit.
Cookies are small packets of information sent to web browsers by web servers, which then stores them on a computer or mobile device. Only the server that sent the information will be able to retrieve or read the cookie’s contents.
Each cookie is unique to your web browser. A cookie contains anonymous information, for example, a unique identifier, the website name, and various numbers. A cookie allows a website to retain information, such as your viewing preferences and the items in your shopping basket.
Every time the browser requests a page from the server, this information is then returned, enabling a web server to identify and track web browsers.
There are two main types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when the browser is closed down. Persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until they are deleted or expire.
How cookies are used by us
Cookies do not contain any personally identifiable information. However, your personal information kept by us may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Stored information from your use of our cookies may be used for the following purposes:
(1) to identify your computer when you visit our website
(2) to track you as you navigate our site, enabling the use of the shopping cart
(3) to improve our website’s usability
(4) to analyse the use of our website
(5) to administrate our website
(6) to personalise our website for you
Our websites use two types of cookies:
• Session cookies (deleted after each visit)
These enable necessary functions on our sites, such as retaining log in details for the session or for a transaction to be completed. They also help by reducing the need to transfer information across the internet. Session cookies are not stored on your computer and they expire when you end your browser session.
• Persistent cookies (remain in place through multiple visits to our sites).
These enable us to identify visitors returning to our websites. They also allow us to customise your user experience, based on your former website selections.
Google Analytics Cookie
We do not share the data collected by Google Analytics, and do not believe that our use of this tool infringes on individual’s privacy. However, should you wish to opt out of this function, use the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Open tracker Cookie
Multi Office Supplies uses www.opentracker.net to collect visitor data and analyse traffic on our site. This information aids us in improving our website, helping us to determine the interests and requirements of our visitors.
Most browsers will permit a user refuse to accept cookies.
(1) Internet Explorer users can refuse all cookies by clicking on “Tools”, then “Internet Options”, then “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.
(2) Firefox users can block all cookies by clicking on “Tools”, then “Options”, and un-checking “Accept cookies from sites” in the “Privacy” box.
However, blocking all cookies will affect the usability of many websites. For example, if a user blocks cookies on our websites, they may find they are not able to use the shopping cart or their account features.
Cookies already stored on your computer can be deleted.
(1) If using Internet Explorer, the user must manually delete cookie files. Instructions for deleting cookie files can be found at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835.
(2) If using Firefox, the user must first ensure that cookies will be deleted when you “clear private data”. (This setting can be changed by clicking on “Tools”, then “Options” and “Settings” in the “Private Data” box). Once this is done, the user can select “Clear private data” from the “Tools” menu.
Again, it is possible the user may experience some website usability problems if all cookies are deleted.
When a user visits and uses our websites, they are agreeing to our placing of essential and non-essential cookies on your computer and/or device.
A user can block any cookies from any website by altering browser settings. For more information about how to disable cookies in your browser, please visit the About cookies website.
Where to find more information about managing Cookies
• Internet Explorer